I know there are many blog post out there for this very same topic, but it is an important topic when planning your day at any of the Disney Parks! Or any of the Universal Parks for that matter (I maybe wouldn’t take my Disney brand items but same sort of things). I have a whole list of things that I find to be important to take with me and it all fits in my tiny perfect little Mickey Backpack!! Which is my first item!
- Backpack! – Some people want a cross body, and that works but I like to have my Mickey backpack! It keeps my hands free and holds all my things along with anything (within size) that I buy. When going to Disney I feel it is only necessary that my backpack be Disney themed too! I got this one from my mom which makes it even more special!
2. Magic Bands! – I have more than one so I will normally throw an extra one, just incase, into my bag. I understand some people only have one and they will be wearing it on their wrist but I still thought it was very important to mention! Some people also will just have the plastic cards. Whichever you are using, it is essential to have this with you at the park! After all you can not get into the gates without it.
3. Phone Charger! – There is nothing worse than being in the parks and wanting to Snapchat your crazy Thunder Mountain ride and your phone be dead!! Also you are going to need a million pictures and videos at the end of the night of the Happily Ever After castle show right?? So a charger is a MUST!
4. MONEY, ID & AP Card – So this is not specifically for everyone and I know a lot of people just use their magic bands as their money source. I however like to use my gift cards a spend all year saving! I also need my ID because with AP card they will ask for it sometimes when making purchases, which leads to me needing my Passholders card! Cant be with out that when I want that discount on all my goods! I will admit I also like to have my ID for a few fun adult drinks some days, especially when going to Epcot!
5. Chapstick or Lipgloss – Between the sun and the wind blow lips after whipping around those turns on 7DMT you are going to need something if you are anything like me. Also I like to have lip gloss for those fabulous picture moments! Having Photo Pass is seriously the best thing ever!! Take all the pictures you can people!!
6. Hand Sanitizer – As much as I prefer to simply wash my hands, sometimes you can’t get to a bathroom to do so. My small little hand sanitizer is good for after rides and before eating when I cant actually wash my hands. I am not a huge germaphobe but when in a place like Disney it is a good thing to keep with you.
7. Band aids – I have used so many band aids in the parks! Between blisters and me simply being clumsy they sure do come in handy! I have also saved a few other strangers from their evil shoes a few times.
8. Sharpie – I do not do too many autographs anymore but this is great to have on hand for those special autographs! I do love getting the Pins they hand out though and I can use my sharpie to write on them. I also use it to mark up my park map sometimes with my plan for the day.
9. Camera – If you are satisfied with the photos you take on your cell phone this one might not be a must have for you. I personally do not think my phone takes the best pictures so I like to have a real camera with me for the important photos! Like the Elephants playing in the water while on Kilimanjaro Safari.
10. Wet Wipes/Tissues – Wet wipes are more handy than tissues but I like to have both on hand! Wet wipes are great for a variety of things, my number one reason for having them is to wipe of dirty tables when going to quick service restaurants they may have something on them. Another great thing to have them for is when looking for somewhere to sit for a minute, I like to wipe down the seat or bench if it looks dirty. Tissues well they are just good to have when you need one! haha
11. Poncho – So in Florida it tends to rain, but not all day normally just a quick rain shower here and there and it is no reason to leave the Park! Just throw on your poncho and keep truckin’ it!! I really actually love a good rain shower when im in Disney because it tends to clear out the crowd a little and makes wait times drop! I’m all for that.
12. Deodorant – Y’ALL! This one is very needed by so many people! There is nothing worse then standing in line in a closed queue and having to smell some fonky persons body odor! PLEASE take this with you! The spray kind works best for quick refresh in the park! I just don’t have any at the moment, they also make a cute new little ball that is super easy for packing!!
13. Sunscreen – I really don’t always bring this or even use it, but it can get brutal out there in that Florida heat. I’ve seen people get some serious sunburns! You don’t want that to happen to you. Just be courteous of those people around you when using the spray kind! Just because you want it on you doesn’t mean they do!
14. Hand Lotion – this one really isn’t needed but I got a super cute hand lotion at Target from their Disney collection and well that makes me just HAVE to use it while standing in line for Haunted Mansion in hopes that people will see how cute I am using my Disney lotion while in Disney hahah.
I realize this is a very long list, and not everyone will need everything I have on it. But I don’t want anyone to forget anything they may need. I love to have all of these things with me and they are all small and easy to fit into my bag with plenty of space left for Mickey mouse shaped rice krispies! Have fun at your next trip everyone!! I hope it’s sooner than later because everyone needs Disney in their lives!!